Ready to book your visit?
Call the Heritage Learning team on 01482 318 733
Heritage Learning experts will be available to take your calls Monday – Friday between 8.45am and 5pm.
We know how busy you are…
We can make your booking right away if you have the following information with you when you call:
- The date you would like to visit (and a few alternatives!)
- Who you are bringing along with you – year group and number of children
- Details of any SEN requirements (including physical, learning, behavioural or EAL)
- Your school’s contact details (including an email address and emergency mobile contact number of the lead teacher)
- The site you would like to visit and which sessions you would like (don’t worry if you haven’t decided yet – we can help you choose)
- The theme or topic that you are working on at school and any key objectives you would like to meet with the visit
Heritage site opening times
Museums and Art Gallery
Monday to Saturday 10am – 5pm
Sunday 1.30pm – 4.30pm
The last admission is 30 minutes prior to closing.
Hands on History Museum is accessed by prior booking only.
Spurn Lightship and the Arctic Corsair have seasonal opening times. Please contact us for more details.
Hull History Centre
Monday – closed
Tuesday – Friday 9.30am-5.30pm.
1st and 3rd Saturday of the month only 9am – 4.30pm.
Heritage Learning facilitated session times
Our sessions can take place any time during opening hours; just give us a call to discuss your options.
Things you need to know…
- All visits must be pre-booked, even if you are planning and delivering activities yourself
- We recommend that you carry out a pre-visit to ensure your trip runs smoothly
- Heritage Learning led sessions are most successful when teachers and adult helpers are actively involved – we want you to have fun too!
- All resources are provided for the led sessions. If you are making a self-guided visit, you will need to provide your own activities and resources
- For health and safety reasons, lunch rooms can only accommodate up to 35 children at any one time. Large groups will need to stagger lunch breaks
- Groups must meet the minimum ratio of adults to children for session quality purposes as recommended below – please read your ‘Teacher’s Notes’ that you will receive after booking for session specific information
- For health and safety reasons, we have capacity for a maximum of 35 pupils per session (some sessions have a smaller capacity due to the size of the historic buildings)
- For health and safety reasons, you will not be able to enter the venues until they open to the public
- Your school will be invoiced after the visit so you don’t need to bring any cash or cheques with you on the day
- We are unable to take provisional bookings
- Cancellations must be made at least 5 working days before the visit date
- Cancellations within 24 hours will incur a charge
- With all of our led sessions, we will provide a room for your group to use for lunch
- Once your booking is confirmed, a visit pack with teacher’s notes, risk assessments and important site information will be sent to you. Please read this before your visit to ensure it runs as smoothly as possible
Our recommended ration of adults to children
We look forward to your visit!